Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cold!

It was sometime last year when I rode my bicycle to work when the temperature was right around 15 degrees.  An adventure yes, but also very taxing on the body!
This morning it was in the mid to upper 20's and aside from an underlying fear (or call it a heightened awareness) of black ice, I was rather comfortable and ecstatic to be riding.  Roger and I met at my house and were bundled and pedaling by 7am.  It was my first ride on the new tires (Michelin travelers 27 x 35c) and my new tail light.  Reviews and photos to follow.
I have not been on any sort of regular cycling schedule for about 6 weeks and it felt great to be pedaling again, even if it was a bit cold.  My only missed call this morning was that my core started to get a little overheated while my face and fingers were still chilly.  The clothing is always a developing science.
Tonight should be fun, I'm looking forward to the ride home.
Check back soon for photos and reviews of the new tires and the new tail light. From the research I have done, it is the brightest tail light on the market.  Yes, even more so that the SuperFlash and Swerve.
Ride safe!

No comments: