Friday, October 23, 2009

A little online shopping

While I greatly respect and enjoy the relationship that I enjoy with my local shop (Tri Town Cycling in Wareham, MA), there are times when I come across a deal on the web that is just too good to pass up. Usually something that I may not need, but will certainly use and would not otherwise buy.
With that in mind, there are certain sites on the web that are based solely on blowout pricing. While you will not get the advice, expertise, and comraderie that you enjoy at your local LBS, you can wind up with some pretty sweet stuff without killing your budget.
One of my favorites is www.bonktown.com. Bonktown is part of larger operation that runs similar sites for skiing, skateboarding, mountain biking, etc.
I have installed the bonktown deal tracker on my machine that pops up every now and then with the most recent deals. This page also shows some deals from those other partner sites which is pretty cool.
Again, certainly you wont enjoy the benefits of your local shop, but if you see something cool and want to save a few bucks, go for it!

Peace!

Patrick

No comments: