Monday, December 08, 2008

Color Choices

Over the weekend I put the final coat of clear on the frame for my single speed project bike. As much as I tried to keep the fumes out of the house with a huge fan placed in front of the bulkhead doors, when I got upstairs my children looked to be a bit glossier than usual. Perhaps my efforts to blow the fumes outside were not as successful as I had hoped. At any rate, now the assembly begins and I need some input. My friend Gary has suggested a white seat, and white handlebar tape, and that is what I had in mind all along. I already have the white seat and handlebar tape so that theme fits in nicely with my budget as well!




Now, I have been planning on using a set of 700c wheels that I have at home for this bike, but closer inspection of the original 1980 something wheels on this bike show that they are 27's. Apparently, I may have some issues with the brakes if I try to use the newer 700c wheels? Who knew? So... this all leaves me with tires choices. Assuming that I can use the newer 700c wheels on this bike (and get the brakes to work), do I go with Orange and black tires which would match the paint? Or, do I go with solid white tires that would match the seat, bar tape and chain? I think that white tires look pretty rad on a bike of this type anyway!
Let me know what you think. Orange or White?

Click "Post a comment" below and let me know your opinion.

I'll be dropping the bike off at the shop pretty soon for final assembly. Cant wait to see how it rides!

Thanks.

PO

5 comments:

Small Town Cyclist said...

Oh Me? I'm somewhat leaning towards white at the moment. Thanks for asking!

Anonymous said...

White's probably fine, but it looks like the orange would match the orange bit on the frame . . .

Chrissie

amidnightrider said...

I would go with as many different colors as possible. How about lime green. Seriously.

Small Town Cyclist said...

Midnight Rider - I like the way you think! I have seen people starting to mix wheel and tire color combinations that look pretty cool! Maybe I go orange in the front and white in the back?
Speaking of wacky colors, have you guys seen these? http://www.sweetskinztires.com/sweetskinztires/

amidnightrider said...

Those tires are very different. I like them. I did get myself This Light for my commuter bike.