Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tri Town Time Trial

The Tri-Town Cycling Time Trial is gaining a tremendous amount of popularity of late. Every Tuesday at 6:00 PM, we gather to ride the 14.08 mile course. Every rider type from casual riders on hybrids to full-blown TT machines averaging 27 mph show up to work towards beating their personal best. Last night, I did NOT beat my personal best, but always have a great time showing up, hanging out with a great group of riders, and getting in a great workout. I am back on my LOOK as the Specialized Transition I had picked up in hopes of a miracle proved to be a fantasy after all. I never felt entirely comfortable on that bike out on the course and feel that I will be better served by again adding aero bars onto my LOOK for when I ride the TT.
So, if you should be so inclined, head over to Rochester on a Tuesday night and come ride with us. Click here for a map of the course. The start is at the ball fields at the intersection of Mary's Pond road and Route 105 in Rochester. If you have questions you can call Tri Town Cycling in Wareham at (508) 295-1123.
And as always, thanks to the guys at Tri Town for helping out every week with the timing, wrenching, etc!

1 comment:

Glenn_in_MA said...

Sounds like a great TT event and the roads in that area are terrific for cycling...my old stomping grounds. Just did my first TT this past Sat. Fun, but bad results! Tues nights are tough for me but I may try to show up later in the summer.